Ready to Care More?
It can be tough out there. We've been told many times it's everyone for him- or herself. You get yours, I'll get mine. Don't worry about the next guy or gal.
At Janel, we do things differently.
Be part of something.
Janel is a team of pros having fun building a world-class, seamless supply chain solutions company. We aspire to be an entrepreneurial family that empowers our people to innovate and grow personally and professionally. We take the time to understand our customers’ business needs. We have an agile, team approach to providing transformational value to the supply chain community. We see an exciting future for our team, our customers and our partners, and we strive to realize it every day -- and we want company to get us there faster.
Think you're a fit?
Then get in touch.
And in the meantime, check below for some immediate openings. If you don't see what you're looking for, get in touch anyway, and tell us why we should be talking to you.
Regional Director NY/NJ Area
If you are a high-energy, entrepreneur, this an extraordinary opportunity to drive the growth of our JFK and Edison stations and help develop our future leaders. Janel’s Regional Directors are commercially-focused leaders who understand that our future is built on talent development and an extraordinary customer experience. Our stations provide a full range of supply chain services, supported by a back-office team that includes product, pricing, finance, HR and IT services.
Janel’s Regional Directors are members of our senior leadership team, working closely with top executives to map our future. As a fully engaged ambassador for the JFK and Edison teams, our Regional Director will demonstrate the highest standards of business ethics and live Janel’s core values. The position reports to the VP of Operations. This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow two successful, mature business units at an industry leading company with a global reach, infused with our Janeler local, personal touch.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
· Mentor and train Station Managers to meet and exceed budgets and metrics
· Strengthen and expand station focus on customer relationships, retention and expansion
· Foster and enhance the delivery of the stations’ core service offerings (brokerage & forwarding)
· Collaborate with Station Managers & sales teams to drive industry leading organic growth
· Mentor Station Managers to develop & recruit staff, instilling a culture of open & frequent communication, operational excellence & customer obsession
· Identify opportunities to optimize operational & financial performance and maximize productivity
· Participate in yearly Senior Team strategy sessions to map the future of Janel
Key Position Requirements:
· Customer focused with a proven history of exceeding customer expectations
· Commercially focused with proven history of driving organic growth through sales leadership
· Demonstrated ability to work with others to target, pitch and close new business
· Experience optimizing margins/yields through negotiations with customers, prospects & vendors
· Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence through process improvement & quality initiatives
· Extensive experience with Customs brokerage, domestic and inbound/outbound freight operations
· Optimistic, enthusiastic, persistent, results oriented strategic thinker with experience in P&L ownership
· Strong MS Office products skill set / CargoWise experience a plus
· Ability to recruit, develop, lead and inspire a team, fostering an innovative & inclusive work environment
· Skilled communicator / presenter able to interact effectively at multiple levels
Janel Group provides the following:
· Salary commensurate with relative experience + generous incentive compensation plan
· Ample opportunity for advancement inside a growing senior team
· Comprehensive benefits package including 401K Retirement Plan with company match
If you’re highly motivated, seeking a challenging and rewarding position, email email@example.com today. Along with your resume, please include a brief cover letter outlining how your skill set, work ethic and positive attitude make you a great candidate for consideration.