Are you meeting FSVP responsibilities?
Are you sure?
FSVP (Foreign Supplier Verification Program) is a recent FDA program requiring every company bringing food into the United States to have a US based representative responsible for keeping records on their supply chain.
Food Included in the Regulation Registration pertains only to facilities that manufacture/process, pack, or hold food, as defined in 21 CFR 1.227, for consumption by humans or animals in the United States.
FSVP Does Not Apply To These Foods:
• Fish and Fishery Products (in compliance with part 123), or certain ingredients for use in fish & fishery products in compliance with part 123
• Juice (in compliance with part 120), or certain ingredients for use in juice products in compliance with part 123
• Food for research or evaluation
• Certain alcoholic beverages, & ingredients for use in alcoholic beverages
• Certain meat, poultry, and egg products regulated by USDA
• Food imported for personal consumption
• Food that is transshipped
• Food that is imported for processing and export
• U.S. food that is exported and returned without further manufacturing/processing in a foreign country
Janel has successfully assisted its client base, identifying specific compliance responsibilities and creating strategies to meet those responsibilities.
We are here to help!
Watch this brief video.